Sunday, November 11, 2007

why wear a poppy


Today is Remembrance Day here in Canada and other countries around the world. It is the one day each year when we remember the men and women who serve and have served our country in times of war and peace. I don't understand war and probably never will. I'm not sure our troops should be in Afghanistan or anywhere else for that matter. But I've always been proud of Canada's peacekeeping role and one thing I am quite sure of is that we should honour the individuals who gave their lives in an effort to bring peace to our world. That's why I wear a poppy and why I will every year. In an ideal world we would not need to kill each other to work out our differences. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't honour the people who have made sacrifices in the name of freedom.

No comments: