Monday, September 24, 2007

bad timing...

I've been battling a stupid cold for about a month now. Just when I start to feel better, it gets worse again. After a long night of coughing and sleeplessness I woke up with a fever and decided it was best to stay home from work today. Nothing pisses me off more than staying home sick. I just hate being home alone, unable to get anything done, while surrounded by so much stuff to do. Our house is an endless project. Reorganizing, redecorating, general tidying. You get the picture.

Well today was probably the worst day I could have spent away from the office. Not because I would be farther behind in my work, but because Blue Rodeo was playing a bunch of impromptu concerts around downtown Toronto today to promote the release of their new album Small Miracles tomorrow. Given the location of my office it was fairly likely that I would be near one of these surprise locations. A little after 4pm today, they performed a set at the south west corner of Bloor St. W. and Avenue Rd. in front of the ROM. That's approximately a one minute walk from my office. And I missed it.

At least I have the new album to look forward to. And I will be getting up early tomorrow morning to download it so that I can listen to it on the way into work, and at work, and on the way home from work...

No comments: