Monday, February 26, 2007

i got all my sisters with me

This past weekend, a few of my friends and I headed two hours north to a lovely cottage in the woods for some relaxation and serious girlie time. I have this fantastic group of girlfriends who have a serious appreciation for the no spouse, no kids, girls only, absolutely no boys allowed, hang out time. Basically, we eat, we drink, we talk, we laugh and we have a great time.

Ann arranged for us to use this incredible cottage in the woods for the weekend. It was so great to see Ann, who moved away from the big city a couple of years ago to a beautiful farm about 2 hours away. Unfortunately, we just don't see her enough, so to spend a weekend with her is a delight.

In addition to soaking in the hot tub and just hanging out, we went snowshoeing in the woods. I had never snowshoed before and to do this felt truly Canadian! I took plenty of pictures on our trek and have posted them on my Flickr page. You'll notice that I'm a bit obsessed with the scenery, but can you blame me? It was a beautiful day.

So with this girls weekend in the past, I look forward to the next one in July at Elizabeth's cottage. Isn't it great to have something to look forward to? Thanks ladies!

No comments: