Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'tis the season...

It's hard to believe that I've already been off work for a week and a half. Between preparing for the arrival of Em, Christmas and ongoing home renovations that we're trying to get done before the 25th, time has really flown by. I was just starting to get stressed about it all last night when there was knock at the front door. Before I could waddle my way over to open it, I heard a chorus of young girls singing Christmas carols. I opened the door to find a group of about 8 girls ranging in age from 8 to 14 gleefully serenading me. And they were good! I don't know who they were but they all seemed to have the same logo somewhere on there clothes that had the words "dance" and "academy" in it. They were collecting donations for the food bank and as I gathered a few cans from the pantry they continued to sing. It was a reminder of what this holiday season really should be all about. So today, as I finish my shopping and run all of my various errands, even though the malls will be crowded with cranky last minute shoppers, I will think of my happy carolers and smile.

2 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

That is so cool! I've never had carolers come to my door.

vivian said...

It was my first time being "caroled". I kind of feel like I'm part of some special club now. lol Seriously, I thought caroling from door to door only happened on TV.