Wednesday, November 26, 2008

'tis a gift to be simple...

We just received a copy of the most recent Hammacher Schlemmer catalogue in the mail. It's their Christmas gift guide and it is full of wacky gadgets. Here are a few that cracked me up. Or made me scratch me head. Or both.

Seriously? Are there really people out there who train their fish to do tricks?

The Personalized Woven Photographic Image Throw



Because nothing says creepy like a giant picture of your loved ones on a blanket.

The Star Wars Nutcracker Set
Honestly, I don't even know what to say about these.

The 14 M.P.H. Cooler
Now this I can get on board with! I might need it for next summer's camping trip.

The Talking Pet Bowl



This would totally freak my cat out! It might actually send him over the edge.

Hope this helps you with your Christmas shopping!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for that - photo blankets should be illegal. I'm just saying.

Mary Lynn said...

That's it! You're all getting photo blankets for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

The Yoda nutcracker would fit in at the place we met for knitting last night. Just slide it onto the nutcracker shelf and see how long it takes for someone to notice.

would be really fun.

vivian said...

If someone was to give me a photo blanket for real, I would want a really scary ass picture on it. Jst to creep people out.

And yes B, we could totally sneak the Yoda nutcracker in there. We'd have to rig it up with some kind of device that would let us know when it was noticed. Maybe a hidden camera. Maybe I'll have to order them...