Sunday, November 9, 2008

the sweetest thing

I'm starting to think that there might be some truth to this nesting thing they talk about with pregnant women. I have made muffins and bread the last three weekends in a row. This is highly unusual behaviour for me. I've often thought about doing these things on a regular basis, in order to reduce my intake of the store bought, over-processed versions of these items. But usually that urge loses out to sheer laziness. So seriously, what's up with my sudden interest in baking? I guess it's really not such a bad thing, but if I do start sewing my own clothes and cleaning the grout between the tiles on the kitchen floor with a toothbrush, you'll know I've lost it.

Here's a few samples of my recent baking adventures.


banana chocolate chip muffins


a loaf of whole wheat, fresh out of the breadmaker

No comments: