Friday, November 28, 2008

a change will do you good

My dad has been working hard on our house the last few months doing all of the renovations that Steve and I have wanted to do ourselves but simply don't have the time for. When I arrived home form work today his latest project was done. Our master bedroom. He replaced the old, worn hardwood with bamboo, painted and replaced the window blind. I don't have a before picture for comparison but you'll just have to imagine an oak floor in a slightly yellowish stain and pale yellow walls.


A little different, eh? We were looking for a lighter version of this colour but it really doesn't exist. We were both a little timid about painting our bedroom such a dark shade, but now that it's done, I think it looks awesome. And once we get the furniture back in and some pictures up on the wall, we'll be ready for one of those home decor magazines!

No comments: