Tuesday, December 25, 2007

merry Christmas to all...

Merry Christmas everyone! I have been a bit of an absentee landlord as of late. Life has been ridiculously hectic. So much to blog about, but no time to do it. I'm off work until January 7, so I should have plenty of time to catch up on the myriad of things I have to tell you about. But for now, a festive holiday meme. Please play along.

CHRISTMAS MEME

1.Real tree or artificial or treeless? Any special traditions with the tree?
Real all the way! 2 trees actually. One in the living room upstairs, with a lovely, mature, red & silver theme. One downstairs in the rec room with Disney ornaments. I know, it's commercial. But hey, isn't that what Christmas is all about?

2. Eggnog or Cider or Mulled Wine?
mmm...Eggnog. One of the only ways I will consume rum.

3. Spiritual or Secular celebration?
Totally secular. If in doubt, read my previous post.

4. Favorite Christmas music?
Charlie Brown Christmas.

5. One special holiday memory
1998. 7 days before Christmas. Steve and I got engaged. :)

2 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

CHRISTMAS MEME

1.Real tree or artificial or treeless?

Real, though I have fond memories of putting together our "some assembly required" artificial tree when we were kids. I love our ornaments. I have tons of the generic for trees, but over the last few years we've had to use less and less of them. Now the tree is filled with ornaments we've bought on places we've traveled, ornaments with the kids' photos in them, ornaments given by friends. Makes the tree more personal to us.

2. Eggnog or Cider or Mulled Wine?
Eggnog! And I love rum, in eggnogg or otherwise. I's one of the few hard liquors I've never argued with.

3. Spiritual or Secular celebration?
Secular, much to my mother's chagrin I'm sure. Ah well. Probably a reaction to being carted off to church on Christmas mornings before we'd even had a chance to open our presents (after having been to a service only the night before). Crazy.

4. Favorite Christmas music?
I have a variety mix on my iPod of fave Christmas tunes, old and new. A few faves are:

Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Sinatra and Cyndi Lauper
Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby and Bowie
Fairytale Of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty McColl
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree - Randy Travis
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Barenaked Ladies

5. One special holiday memory
1998.
First Christmas with Eddy. We were in my condo, we had a teeny little artificial tree, and just the two of us, but it was such a happy Christmas. The first of many great Christmases together.

vivian said...

Awesome answers! Love your choice of music, especially Bing & Bowie and Fairytale of New York.