Wednesday, March 21, 2007

stuff that bugs me #1

The 2 or 3 of you that actually read my blog may have noticed that my entry titles have so far been snippets of song lyrics. Today I break the trend and introduce a new feature of the blog, "stuff that bugs me." I am generally a positive person and I try not to dwell on negative stuff, but sometimes, crap really bothers me! Usually, it has something to do with the way people behave in public but it can be anything that is out of my control. I figured the blog is as good a place as any to get this stuff off my chest. So hear we go.

Litter.

Honest to freakin' God! Why is it so difficult to put trash in the trash! As I walked home from the GO station today, I counted no fewer than 30 discarded Tim Horton's & Starbucks coffee cups. Not to mention other random fast food wrappers, candy bar wrappers, etc. My walk is about 1 km through a primarily residential area but along a couple of major streets in town. Why does this happen?!?! Let's say you are walking down the street with a cup of coffee. You finish the coffee. Do you immediately throw it on the ground or do you carry it with you until you find a garbage can? I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone drop an empty coffee cup to the ground. So where is this garbage coming from? Are people really so lazy that they can't hang on to that cup until they find a garbage or recycling bin? Do they think that someone will come along and clean up after them? Doesn't this bother anyone else?

No comments: