Saturday, January 6, 2007

don't throw it all away

I came across a great article in the Globe and Mail this morning. There's a couple in Toronto who's goal in 2007 is to produce absolutely no household waste. Absolutely none. They even limit what they recycle as the process of recycling produces waste. Every aspect of their life is affected by this, from their work, to how they shop and what they eat. Now I try to make environmentally conscious decisions all the time, but I can't even imagine this! Whether they are successful or not (and I have a feeling they will be) , simply attempting this feat proves that as individuals, we have the power to affect change. It has certainly inspired me to try harder to reduce the waste that I produce.

You can follow their efforts at Say No to Trash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for your kind words and support!
Warmly, Sarah McGaughey